NEXT MEETING: TBD
EESAC contact person:
Phone: 305-443-4871 / E-mail:
The Educational Excellence School
Advisory Council (EESAC) is the sole body responsible for final decision making at the
school relating to the implementation of the components of the School
Improvement Plan. The EESAC's function is to bring together all stakeholders and involve
them in an authentic role in decisions which affect instruction and the delivery of
The purpose of the Coral Gables Senior High School Educational Excellence School Advisory
Council is to work to ensure improved student achievement. The goal of the Council will be
to achieve consensus in decision making. The focus of the goal is in the preparation and
evaluation of the School Improvement Plan (SIP) as it directly impacts the
delivery of the educational program and services required by Floridas High Quality
Educational System and the Miami Dade County Public Schools Strategic Planning Goals.
Regular meetings of the Coral Gables High School EESAC are scheduled for the second Monday
of every month, at 2:45 P.M. in the media center.
- Must be composed of the principal, teachers, education support
employees, students, parents, and business/community representatives.
- Must be representative of the ethnic, racial, linguistic, disabled,
and economic community served by the school.
- Must have a majority of members who do not work at the school.
- ESE must be represented.
- LEP parents should be included when possible.
- PTA/PTSA representative may be a named member.
- Adult/vocational programs must be represented.
Selection of EESAC Members:
- Teachers elect teachers.
- Parents elect parents.
- Students elect students.
- Educational support employees elect educational support employee.
- Principal appoints business/community representative -- to ensure
- Principal and UTD designated steward are automatic members.
Minutes of Coral Gables High School EESAC
(M-DCPS Office of Strategic Planning)