Coral Gables Senior High
Library Media Center
Library Media Center Policies and Procedures for Teachers
|Reserving the Media Center
- Teachers can refer to the media center's "Reservations"
page to determine when the media center is available.
(Please be aware that all scheduling is subject to change.)
- Please see Ms. Heinze to reserve the media center for
classes or meetings and for collaborative planning.
- To reserve the CLINCS room, please see Ms. Heinze.
(Be advised that not all periods are available and that all scheduling
is subject to change.)
|Sending students to the Library
- We encourage teachers to send up to five students from their classes
at a time.
- Please remember to give each student his/her own pass.
- The media center only accepts the M-DCPS
YELLOW HALL PASS
- The AV department is open between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- All AV must be checked out through the circulation system.
- Only faculty and staff may check out AV equipment.
(Substitutes are not allowed to check out equipment. Teachers who
plan to use AV equipment when absent should make arrangements with
- If possible, teachers should reserve AV equipment a least 24 hours
in advance to help ensure availability.
- If a video or DVD is not school or District-owned, an "Approval for Use of
Non-M-DCPS Video" form must be completed and signed by the
Dep't Head, as well as the APC, and then returned to the AV
- If you would like your class to be videotaped, please see Nicole
Múñoz, the TV production teacher, email@example.com
- Camcorders are available for student projects. However,
camcorders are checked out to the teachers rather than the
students. Please see Mr. Bryant to arrange this.
- Laminating is done daily. There is a 24-hour turnaround
period on items. Please see Mrs. Heinze for
- Only teachers may pick up
printouts in the TRC. (Please do not send students to the TRC.
This is an area reserved for teachers.)
|Student Access to the Media
- Students must visibly wear their I.D.'s and be in school
uniform to enter the media center.
- Students must have hall passes to enter the media center during
classes. Only official yellow hall passes will be accepted.
Last updated August 22, 2006