1. IF YOU ARE DOING THIS INVESTIGATION BY YOURSELF, BE SURE THAT YOU TELL YOUR PARENTS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO BEFORE YOU DO IT! A PARENT MAY EVEN WANT TO WORK WITH YOU. THIS IS O.K. SINCE YOU WILL GET A CHANCE TO PROVE HOW SMART YOU ARE. GET THEM INVOLVED, THEY NEED THE EXERCISE.
2. Follow all rules of safety! Stay away from trash piles. When looking for animals under a rock or log, always lift the side that is facing away from you, never the side facing you.
3. Investigate an area that is still in an undeveloped state. This means that the area has no buildings on it, and that there are still plants growing on it. It can be a public park, or an area that you think should be saved and protected.
4. If you only want to do part of the EcoSearch Investigation, please try to do the first seven activities. These are the easiest and require little or no equipment. The data from these will give us pretty good idea as to what kind of area you have investigated.
5. If don't want to participate
in the investigation, but would like to do one or more of the activities
anyway, that's OK!
Enjoy yourself. Have fun and learn at the same time.