1. In 1775 Tomas Paine said, How can Americans complain so loudly of attempts to enslave them while they hold so many hundred in slavery. Analyze this statement.
2. In what year did the Northwest Ordinance abolish slavery?
3. In 1789, the Revolutionary Assembly publicized the Declaration of the Rights of Man. Three years later who abolished slavery? What country did it affect?
4. At the end of the Revolutionary era were there more slaves or less?
5. In the black community the difference between the slaves and free blacks created _________ in the community.